Skip to main content

Second Day of School

Well, Friday was actually not nearly as bad as I thought it would be, considering that I was in meetings all day. Here are the highlights of Friday and Saturday:

*I got a compacted curriculum to do with my honors students, which allows us the freedom to do a lot more research, extension, etc. This curriculum narrowed down the best stories in the anthology for honors students and matched them up by indicator. Now our compacted curriculum is completely aligned to the VSC (our national curriculum).

* Because I had an honors meeting that lasted the entire morning while all of the other 4-5th grade teachers got to work in their rooms, I was quite behind in getting my work done. In our afternoon meeting, the reading supervisor let the honors teachers leave early since we'd already done our curriculum planning. I got to go back to my school and work without anyone there, so I got a lot done. It is sometimes hard to work when there are a bunch of people around.

* I was still feeling overwhelmed, so I went in on Saturday for a while to work. Matt had a meeting, so I thought I would have to take Caleb with me and not get very much done. My sister offered to take him for me so that I could work.

* I got to spend some QT with Owen and Sara this afternoon while Amy worked for my dad. Since Owen will be starting Kindergarten this year, it was fun to hang out with him a bit. They are quite a pair! Let's just say the ball pit got quite a workout and is now deflated on one side....

*Barbara came for dinner tonight and got to spend some good time with Caleb before she stays with Isaac and Ezra for the week. Caleb really enjoyed playing with her--especially when we were all throwing the ball around! For some reason, he kept literally doubling over with laughter and was even "silent laughing" at times! We've never seen him do this before and didn't really know what he found so funny! Eventually, I think he kept laughing because we were laughing at him!

Matt is preaching tomorrow for the first time at Calvert GBC. (Well, he spoke at youth Sunday, but it was more topical....this is the first one that is a part of the series, has notes, a PowerPoint, etc. Plus, PWag wasn't there the last time!) Pray for him in the morning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m