Skip to main content

Stream of Consciousness

I can't think of anything wonderfully exciting to say and I am sad to admit that I haven't taken many pictures this week.  That's probably because I've been lacking the energy and feeling too much pain to put in the effort, but alas, it goes against my normal daily rituals of being at home.  I will try my best to remedy that this week and perhaps we'll do more exciting things this time.  Miss Abigail has been tap-dancing away in my belly.  I swear I didn't feel this much movement for weeks and weeks with Caleb, and not only is this girl waking me up around 4 a.m. every night, but she's putting on a visible dance show!  Craziness.  Dr. Strider said energetic babies in the womb come out very calm and sweet.  Let's hope so!  :)  Seriously though, I love this girl so much.  What is it about a girl that gets me all worked up and emotional all of the time?  I have no idea.  If this blubbering mess I've become is any indication of how I'll be with her, we'll be in trouble.  I can't wait for Matt to get home and officially "meet" his girl for the first time.  Caleb talks to her all of the time and is so funny when he "shows" her his tricks (forward rolls, turning into Batman, etc.)  It's very cute.  I have put a watch on a crib set on E-bay that I absolutely love.  It is a handmade set from a boutique (new without tags, not that a gently used set would bother me) in CA wine country, and I just think it's so pretty.  I haven't found anything else that even comes close to it.  Why does every girl set have to be PINK?????  Well, okay, not EVERY girl set, because this one is purple so that makes me happy.  The crib set has a few more days before the posting goes off, and any good E-bayer knows that waiting to bid until the last minute is the smartest thing to do so that people don't have time to outbid you.  My plan is to get this all for less than $100.  I always set a bid limit and am pretty good about sticking to it.  Otherwise, you can get caught up in a bidding war and get a bit carried away.  I have to admit that I'll be pretty darn heart broken if I don't get it.  :(  We'll see.  No one has bid on it yet (here's hoping there aren't other smart E-bayers like me waiting until the last minute!) so maybe it will be destined to be Abigail's.  Matt is coming home today and I've missed him.  It's been a long week, although the second half of the week has been much better than the first.  I kind of think that finding out the gender has helped with that.  I don't know if it's an unconscious sensitivity now on Caleb's part, or that he realizes he won't have competition with his toys, or that now there's a real girl in my belly or what, but he has been much kinder and gentler since Wednesday.  Thank goodness!  I definitely need to plan some activities for the second week Matt is gone.  I don't really have anything planned and I've done a lot of my summer cleaning tasks this week.  It will seem so much longer if I don't have activities to keep us busy.  Of course, having Jenn and Emma over this week sure didn't keep Caleb from putting on a display, but it usually helps him to behave better when we have people over.  We'll just chalk that up to him waking up at 4:30 a.m. that morning and staying up!  Maybe I can plan a shopping trip with my mom that week so that I can hunt for some good deals for my Abby! 

Wow...I have written up a storm.  Do you see all of the stuff that goes through my brain?!  No wonder I can't sleep at night.  Well, that...and the itching...and the kidney stone pain...and the tap dancing...(but that I don't mind as much as the others, because I would much prefer an active baby!)  Yay for Matt coming home!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m