Skip to main content

Love in Written Form

We received Abby's book that we (a collective we--so many of you contributed!!) made her on Friday, and let me tell you...it is beautiful!  I can't wait to show it to many of you, but until then, I figured that I would share some excerpts.  The vast majority of those who contributed have not met Abby, and some have not even met us before, but the love and sincerity that is portrayed in their writing is evident.  Thank you to all who contributed!!

"...We are inspired by your strenth and it has been so special to share in the miracle which is your life..."

"...Through your parents' words and actions, you have opened eyes (mine included) to see the glory of God and have us longing for Him more..."

"...You are so LOVED!!  You are a daughter of the KING!..."

"...I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, briging something we must learn and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return..."  (From "For Good" in the musical Wicked)

"...May everyone reading this find at least one moment to experience and enjoy those miracles.  For you truly are a miracle, Abby!..."

"...You have secured a place in my heart and it amazes me that as little as you are, you are a hero, and so strong.  You are fighting your own battles, in your own way and God has a plan for you and you are his Little Joy to be our miracle..."

"...But most of all we have praised God for the work that He is doing in the lives of those of us around you and those who know of you..."

"We have never met you in person but feel that we know you.  We have been praying for you daily for months and will continue to do so..."

"...God knew exactly who your family would be before you were born..."

"...Abby, I want you to know how deeply you are loved by so many caring and loving people..."

"...Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops--at all..."  (Emily Dickinson)

"...Your journey inspires us to make each and every day count..."

"...During the short time since your birth, you have been living proof of God's miracles..."

"...You are also teaching all of us more about love..."

"...What I didn't know until after you were born is how special of a gift you were going to be to so many others!..."

"...You are a fighter, just like your mom and your grandma!..."

"...God's creative abilities knows no boundaries..."

"....Love is a special gift and you are so surrounded by it hands down!"

"...You are a constant reminder of how God uses all of us even if we feel that we are small and not significant..."

"...Your courage and determination for life has been and will be an inspiration and demostration of the love of God for a long time..."

"...Thanks also to your parents, who in their love for you and your brother, share your journey with a world of people hungering to know and see God's movement..."

"...You encourage us to choose joy and to remember that through prayer and petition, all things are possible with God..."

"...I think your brother summed it up the best, "Our God is Greater!"  I'm sure that he has sung that to you about 10,000 times.  Amen to that!..."

"...Your bright eyes and long hair are so sweet and when you smile that little mouth is so cute..."

"...Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.  Before you were born, I set you apart for my holy purpose.  I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations..."  (Jeremiah 1:5)

"...You have one of the best big brothers ever.  He has adored you every moment of your life.  He was never intimidated by being in a big scare place like the hospital.  He was just focused on being able to see his new baby sister..."

"...Always know that no matter what you face in this world, be it medical, emotional, physical, or just the growing pains of childhood,, as long as you stand firm in your faith, you will persevere..."

"...Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requestions to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  (Philippians 4:  4-7)

The books ends with this quote, which I absolutely love:

"When God wants to change the world, He sends a baby.  And then, He waits."

There's so much  more to this book, but I hope you've enjoyed reading a bit of it.  We will enjoy it forever and can't wait for Abby to be old enough to understand the love that has been written.

Comments

Danielle said…
I completely missed the book, but I thought that you might like this song. It's by Matthew West & it's called Safe & Sound.

Can’t believe you’re here now
Tiny dream come true
The answer to a prayer now
I’m so in love with you
Couldn’t wait to meet you
Hope you like your name
I get the funny feeling
Life will never be the same

Safe and sound
You’re here with me now
Like I hoped you’d be
Safe and sound
You’re here with me now
And that’s all I’ll ever need

The world’s a scary place here
But baby it’s alright
I’ll make sure the coast is clear
So you can just sleep tight
But if you’re afraid of monsters
Like everybody is
I’ll be right beside you
Closer than a kiss

Safe and sound
I’m here with you now
And you will always be
Safe and sound
I’m here with you now
And that’s all you’ll ever need

Someday I’m gonna teach you
The reason why we pray
So that heaven’s love may reach you
Every single day
So, baby close your eyes now
And say a prayer with me
Lord, I lay me down to sleep now
But I know I will be

Safe and sound
You’re here with us now
And we will always be
Safe and sound You’re here with us now
And that’s all we’ll ever, all we’ll ever need
You’re all we’ll ever need
Gina said…
what an awesome God we serve. He is writing an incredible story, using some faithful characters who are choosing to glorify Him through joy. Well done!!!
Abby is breathtakingly beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m