Skip to main content

A Day at the Spa

Abby decided long ago that she wanted her birthday party to be a spa party. Now, I wasn't about to break the bank by taking eight little girls to one of those kid spas, so I set up a spa in our house.  Thanks to Matt, my sister, and my mom, we managed to soak feet, do facials, paint fingers and toes, and make homemade sugar scrub.

Here are a few pictures of my set-up...before things got crazy!








Once everyone came, we welcomed them to the spa and got them set up with a nice, warm foot soak.  I even included a few marbles to give their feet a little massage.


Then I started in on the facials while my sister took a few girls to paint nails and Matt made sugar scrub with the rest.  The girls thought the cucumbers were pretty funny!




 The facial mask I bought ended up being one of those clear peel-off masks...um...not so great...I'll just leave it at that...

I ended up grabbing my good mud mask (using mud from the Dead Sea!) for the rest of the kids.  This came off much easier!



Abby was not interested in any kind of mask whatsoever...party pooper!  I did get her to show me her pretty nails.  They look pink here, but they are purple (of course!)


The group enjoyed their snacks of popcorn, fruit, veggies, chips and salsa, and cheese and crackers.  We had a variety of spa waters:  lemon/lime, lemon, strawberry/lemon, and mandarin orange.  They loved tasting the different flavors!



Then it was time to sing Happy Birthday!  Grab the candles!  Ooooops....uh...we don't have any...mom fail.  Well, Abs, you have your choice.  Spiderman or Darth Vader?


 Darth Vader it is!  ;)



Abby's sweet friend T is SO funny!  Once the sugar kicked in, she got pretty silly!


Look at all of her sweet friends after a day at the spa!  We love these girls so much!



Kids, please just take one nice picture, and then I'll let you do a silly one!


Abby loved opening her gifts!  Some favorites were the Elsa skating rink, a wheelchair and crutches for her American Girl doll, a whole set of handmade headbands for every occasion (Aunt Amy is so crafty!), and her new comfy robe (with a matching one for her doll!)


It was a wonderful day filled with lots of laughter and noise.  I am thankful that I'm good friends with the moms of all of these girls, and that our sweet girls will get to grow up together.  Love them all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome

If you happen to pick up the latest Reader's Digest, there is an article in there about Piper Breinholt , a four year old with CCMS.  If you've been around here a while, you'll remember wayyyyyy back when we first received Abby's diagnosis that I was able to speak to Piper's mom, Reagan.  The article is more about their story and not as much about the ins and outs of CCMS, but I think it's probably enough to get some people googling it and I'm hoping a few will end up here. Every once in a while, I give a blog post the title of Cerebrocostomandibular Syndrome so that it would show up in Google.  My ever-present hope is that people will stumble across my blog and 1) be encouraged by the hope we have in Christ, 2) feel a connection with someone in a similar situation as them, or 3) get excited over the miracles that have been performed in Abby's life!!  (a combination of all 3 is great too!)  :)   Notice that it's not to get famous and it never wi

The Potty Man

Caleb LOVES to go potty! I have never heard a potty training story like this one....Caleb tells us when he needs to go, we take his diaper off, and he goes! Now, is it perfect? No, not at all! We aren't trying to potty train at at all, but we figure every time he goes is one less diaper we have to change! The only time we consistantly put him on the potty is when we give him a bath (he always pees in the tub, so we know he needs to go!) He almost always goes on the potty now instead of the tub though. When he's not "really" going potty, he's pretending to go potty! He's such a funny kid!

Lego Party: Favors

I'm a little slow in posting the Lego Party pictures, but I think I have a few excuses I could use.  At any rate, I wanted to share what I did for the party!  It will take a few posts, so stay with me.  I'll start with how I did the favors. These are the goody bags I made.  I just bought solid colored gift bags and matched scrapbook paper to each bag.  Then I punched circles and attached them with the 3D foam tape so that the circles were raised. I used the keychain (explained below) as a name tag on the outside. These are Duplo blocks.  I put a round magnet on the back and...voila!  A magnet!  (note:  hot glue doesn't work so well...I ended up reglueing them with my apoxy because the magnets fell off.) I made crayons using Lego man crayons.  Yes, I know this guy has lost half of his leg.  The others were already packaged and I didn't want to open one up just to get a picture.  I used a Lego mold  to make the crayons.  Caleb put small pieces of crayon in each m